We need your financial support to help spread the Buddha’s teachings of kindness and compassion in Melbourne and beyond
Through membership we are all helping to provide people with experience in meditation and the promotion of wisdom, love and compassion through the pure lineage of Buddhist teachings. Venerable Geshe Doga, our resident Tibetan teacher, is a highly qualified and realized lama who for 30 years has offered guidance and continous teachings to the many people who come seeking knowledge about Buddha’s gentle philosophies and meditation.
If you’d like to become a member of Tara Institute & help to provide a comfortable venue where the Buddha's teachings can benefit many people, you can download the membership form here, and print out and return to the Tara Institute office. (See Lama Zopa Rinpoche's teaching on the benefits of supporting the Centre here.)
The cost of maintaining and improving the facilities at Tara Institute, administering and presenting the teachings, insurance, utilities and other centre running costs run to around $1,000 a day.
While Tara Institute receives financial support through residents’ rent, membership fees and the generosity of donors and volunteers, more members are needed to ensure the continuation of the Centre and its work.
Your generosity of a donation or member fees will accumulate merit for your own enlightenment and liberation. However, even in this life, you will help countless sentient beings who attend these teachings and make positive changes in their lives and the lives of those around them.
In gratitude for your support as a Tara Institute member you’ll receive:
- Free entry to Monday night teachings
- Borrowing rights to Tara Institute’s extensive library
- 10% off all bookshop items
- Discounts on courses and course accommodation
- Monthly newsletter
- Free publications from Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive
- Invitations to special members’ events
- Email notification of upcoming events of interest
- One free 3-course meal in Tara Institute’s dining room (Monday to Wednesday from 6:30-7:30pm) OR one free lunch and a coffee at Cafe Bliss
If you have any questions at all, please call our office on (03) 9596 8900 during office hours.