Beautify the Gompa - Sponsors are needed to help us buy fresh flowers on a weekly basis for the altar and Geshe Doga’s throne. We are starting a special fund for this in February 2012. If you feel you can help, no matter how small or large the offering, please call Llysse in the office 9596 8900
Buddhist Philosophy and Meditation Courses
Tara Institute, through the guidance of Venerable Geshe Doga, offers programs to suit beginners and advanced students aspiring to gain inner peace through the study and practice of Mahayana Buddhism.
Whatever your religious affiliation you are welcome to attend any teachings or events. We encourage you to maintain your own religious customs whilst borrowing any Buddhist practices and teachings that prove meaningful to you.
- Weekly Teachings: Our program offers students an opportunity for regular study and practice: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings - please clickon the link.
- Pujas and Other Special Events: Periodically we offer one-day courses for more in-depth study. There are also regular spiritual events such as offering pujas as well as community events such as working bees.
- Healing Program: A support group for people with serious illnesses and their carers or friends
- Dharma Club: Children ages 4-15 have the chance to come together once per month for a few hours of teaching, fun, and creativity.
- Share a meal with Dharma friends
- Bookshop at Tara Institute
For information about program events, email the Program Coordinator or telephone the Office on (03) 9596 8900.